This beautiful summer meal will hit all your taste buds just right. Its light and filling leaving you truly satisfied. This health conscious meal is packed with fresh herbs and veggies. Eating healthy never has to be boring especially during the summer months with all the local produce around.
1 large can of chick peas
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp coriander
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 tbsp fresh chives
1/2 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
2 carrots grated
2 cups purple cabbage
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
Juice from 1 lemon half
1 tbsp chopped cucumber
1 tsp dried dill or fresh
1 tbsp honey
- Chop garlic, chives, and parsley into very fine pieces and set aside.
- In a food processor add chick peas and water then blend till smooth paste forms. Add paste into large mixing bowl then add garlic, chives, parsley, as well as the spices in burger list. Mix well then add quinoa flour and mix till even consistency forms.
- Pre heat large non stick frying pan to medium heat. Form burger patties with your hands. Depending on if you want small or medium sized patties either use 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Place in frying pan using a lid with several drops of water allowing it to steam (do this for half the cooking time).Remove the lid for the remaining cooking time to give burger a little crunch. Total frying time is about 12 minutes, looking for a golden brown outside.
- While burgers are cooking prepare tzatziki sauce. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Grate carrots with cheese grater then finely chop the cabbage. Add both to a bowl and top with olive oil/vinegar then mix together.
- Put a dollop of tzatziki sauce on the burger then add your veggie mix on top.